Each patient has the right, subject to his/her consent, to receive the visitors who he or she
designates, including, but not limited to, a spouse, domestic partner, another family member, or a
friend, and his/her right to withdraw or deny such consent at any time.
Sturgis Hospital does not restrict, limit, otherwise deny visitation privileges on the bases of race,
color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Visitors will have full and equal visitation privileges consistent with patient preferences.
- The Hospital or Attending Physician may suspend visiting privileges temporarily, due to the patient’s condition or upon the patient’s and/or request of the family.
- Family members may visit at any time during the scheduled day of surgery.
- Visitors are not permitted to smoke in the Hospital.
- Children under the age of twelve (12) with adult supervision may visit patients (the adult supervison may not be the patient).
- Children of delivered obstetric patients may visit their mothers in their rooms.
- Bed sharing is not allowed between a patient and visitors.
- In patient care areas, where infection control is a concern, visitors will be requested to don appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Open visitation is based upon the patient's condition. Patient and nurse discretion will be utilized. Restrictions or limitations on visitors might include (but are not limited to) when:
a. there may be infection control issues
b. visitation may interfere with the care of other patients
c. the hospital is aware that there is an existing court order restricting contact
d. visitors engage in disruptive, threatening, or violent behavior of any kind
e. the patient or patient's roommate(s) need rest or privacy
f. the patient is undergoing care interventions
- Based on the hospital's condition/status. Sturgis Hospital reserves the right
to post a visitation policy and determine the need for visitation. Example:
At Sturgis Hospital, you will find qualified, caring health
professionals. From the moment you enter, throughout your stay,
and upon your discharge, you will be treated as our guest. As
part of our Mission to provide "ever-improving quality
health care" we believe in the philosophy of continuous